Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy 2nd Anniversary!.....

1st appearance as Mr. & Mrs. Ray
March 2nd 2006

Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary! These past 2 years have been so wonderful, and so much has happened. The most exciting has been bringing our 1st born child into our family; Little Katelyn!

This weekend Scott & I enjoyed doing a few different activities together.
On Friday we went to the Temple to do Sealings. This has become our yearly tradition, & this year was exceptionally special because Brother Perkinson was the sealer & he had previously sealed us together on our wedding day.


Then we went to El Paso BBQ for dinner. This is one of our favorite restaurants. Scott always gets the BBQ salmon w/ steak fries & cowboy beans. He says this is the absolute best salmon he has ever had. I always get the ck tenders w/ steamed veggies & baked potato. The ck is so tender & it comes w/ the best honey mustard dipping sauce.


When we got home we 1st had to call all of Scott's ball players and update them on the tournament schedule, then we played some games and enjoyed the rest of the evening.---Oh, i forgot to say that Katelyn had her 1st sleep over & my parents house. Thanks to them for watching her for us; it was nice to have alone time, & this was our 1st time away from her- there was definitely a void (we tried not to think about her too much, & enjoy our alone time).


On Saturday morning I made us a huge pancake breakfast w/ all the sides.

Then we took off the hike Camelback Mtn. This was Scott's 1st time (& i remembered 0nce we got there, i had been there once too w/ a friend years ago- Good times Becky). Anyway, it is a short hike but very very very steep, and you are climbing over huge rocks through most of the hike. We thought we would be so sore this morning, but i only am a little around my shoulder blades (I think that from the climb down; bracing myself on the rocks).

Then we went to clean "the office" (a daily cleaning job that we have). Then went to my parents home to pick up our little Katelyn- i think we missed her more than she missed us. After all she only have 6 uncles, 1 aunt , & both grandparents to take care of her.

I am so grateful for Scott, & so glad that we took this step and made promises to each other 2 years ago the we would remain faithful and love each other for all eternity.
Thank you for a wonderful 2 years, and i can't wait for the many more adventures we will have together.

I Love You Scott!

5 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Oh my goodness, that was the sweetest thing ever Jen ! I cannot believe you and Scott have been married for TWO YEARS already. Can you believe that in April, Tyler and I will be married for FIVE YEARS ! It seems like we just got married yesterday.

I like the idea of doing Sealings as a tradition for your Anniversary, that's a great idea.

Are you going to be at Bunco on Saturday ?!

Jenny Johnson said...

Congratulations on 2 years!! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

Cassie said...

Yes, the cat scratches everything up. We are either going to declaw him or train him for the next couple months and then get new couch covers. :(

-Cassie

Cami said...

HI Friend! I Love you muchas and I love Scott too! Thank you for your example. I am so excited to go through the Temple some day!

Cami said...

Hi friend! I Love you and Scott so much! Thank you for your wonderful example. I am excited to follow your example and go through the Temple someday!