I Miss My Home!!!
I had a breakdown this morning.
I miss my home so much, and I never realized how hard it was to live w/ someone else in their home. It's my therapy to clean and organize my home and then sit back and admire. I also love to rearange and decorate and I can't do any of that here (other than the cleaning, but it's just not the same).
I miss my things, my privacy, and most importantly my sense of being in conrtol of my surroundings. We only have 1 more month here and then we move into Scott's Dad's home. (Scott's Dad & Step mom and moving to Denver to do the winter visitor thing). So we will be living in their home until December. I can't wait!
Also, Scott has a NEW JOB!!!!
He interviwed w/ a CPA who was looking for an additional assistant and Scott got the job. Tax season is going to be busy!
We are so excited for this new step, especially because it is what he is wanting to go into for himself and the work he does helps qualify him for his CPA certification where he needs a minimum of 1 year's experience in order to recieve it. So after he graduates from ASU next year he will start his masters and be good to go.
We are also hoping this give us the opportunity to purchase a home. Otherwise we will just be renting starting in December. We are looking into it this week to see what qualifications are needed now a days to purchase a home.
I don't remember if I already posted this, but we also just paid off both of our vehicles and that was our goal prior to moving into a home! Yay!
10 comments:
Hang in there Jen! I remember how difficult it is to live with family!! But keep your eye on the prize! ;)
Good luck on buying a house!
I didnt know that Scott was going to school right now for his CPA, My husband is actually started school again and will also be done with CPA classes in the Spring at ASU. Small world.
Congrats on the job and paying off your cars.
Getting cars paid off is such a relief! We have one down and one more to go and I cannot wait!!! This next month will fly by and in no time at all you will be redecorating and reorganizing like a mad woman.
YEAH!!!!Paying of two cars. I am impressed!! There are tons of incentives right now for first time home buyers. Make sure you ask your realtor.
Yeah for no more debt on your vehicles! We almost have the Malibu paid off however we have the itch to get something bigger and better. Grr...
I also didn't know Scott was going for his accounting degree. That is Zach's major at WP Carey too although we are thinking to go more the Law school route than CPA. Regardless, it was nice to get an update from ya! When is the next lunch?
I know how it is living with family after having your own place for a few years. It's hard. Hang in there!
what onehm said. ditto! its also what i have to keep telling myself. im in kinda the same situation you are...but not pregnant. but we hopefully will have a new home before christmas. eye on the prize.
I was at my sister's for 8 days and I missed my privacy and my own stuff. And that was just for 8 days. Hang in there!
I didn't know Scott is studying Accounting, but in my totally unbiased opinion, that's the best major. :)
Sounds like a lot of exciting things going on! Change is always crazy, but usually a good thing! Stay positive! I think being pregnant always makes things a little harder (at least for me).
If you're looking for a great home my bro is renting his here in the near future and is looking to do a "rent to own" thing. It might be a little different time frame than you're looking at, but maybe you guys could work something out. If you're interested shoot me an email!
Congrats on Scott's new job, that is so exciting ! Having an income is a wonderful thing : ) I can relate to how you feel about having your own home. We were only supposed to be with my Mom until March, when Elizabeth was supposed to be born. But things obviously didn't work out that way. It's tough being here sometimes. Not because of my Mom, she is a sweetheart and gives us extra privacy. She is a joy to live with. But it is hard not to have our own home with our own things. Especially because so much has changed since we had our own home with our own things.
Post a Comment