Friday, August 28, 2009

My 1st Stretch Mark :(

I am seriously so sad!
I just noticed it this morning & I totally smothered the Palmers stretch mark cream all over. Who knows if this stuff really works. I used it almost daily with Katelyn & I never got one, so maybe it does.
I know that most of you are laughing at me right now, but I honestly thought I would never get one.
I didn't with Katelyn, but I'm sure it was just because she was my 1st and I also carried her a little higher than I am w/ Mack.

Ugh! The woes of pregnancy.

15 comments:

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Poor you...I have like 20. LOL! I remember my first one though. It al went down hill from there. Sorry girl! Just remember its all worth the battle scars ;)

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

Oh no! What a bummer!

Happy2Bme said...

Yes, I'm laughing right now, but only at your cute picture. :) Sorry to hear about it though. I have quite a few from Parker. You're lucky you haven't had any until now.

Kami Milliron said...

I am laughing right now because my stomach was a road map with Douglas ! Thankfully, they do fade over time. You can't even see mine anymore. And the weirdest thing is that I was WAY bigger with Elizabeth than I was with Douglas and I never got stretch marks with her.

Oh and no, that Palmers stuff doesn't work : ) At least it didn't for me. You're doing great though. Two kids and only ONE stretch mark !

andrea said...

I got them with my 1st...I remember I was bummed, but I lucked out, mine werev't very dark. Think of them as your battle scars! And really, just think about what you are doing to get them....amazing! :)

Lisa Marie said...

Oh, so sad! I never got any on my tummy. But I do have them other places... I guess my milk came in faster than my body could produce skin. :( And on my hips. I didn't notice until after I had Kaden though. I asked Jeron why he didn't tell me, he said he didn't want me to worry about it. Looking back, I'm glad he didn't tell me. lol.

Ashley Harris said...

I used that stuff and I didn't get stretch marks with either pregnancy but I hear it is all about the genes as to whether or not you are prone to them or not. Hope its your only one!

ashley and wes said...

first of all, im so jealous that this is only your first stretch mark! !! thats great news :)

ALSO, i love your pregnancy pictures. so beautiful!

Taryn and Sterling said...

Sorry to break it to you, but I used that every day when I was pregnant and my stomach now looks like an elephant trunk as I like to call it. Good luck with it! Just think of the sweet little one you get out of a few stretch marks.

Kari Whiting said...

Lucky!! I was amazed at your photos and the fact that you had none! I'm way jealous, no such luck for me, I got them with Dallin and Bryant and I don't know about this one yet cause I'm not big enough but your lucky to have gotten this far without that many. Maybe its just a boy thing?

Devin and Melinda said...

I am no stranger to stretchmarks either. I got them the worst with Kenton though by far. Luckily most of them are hardly visible now. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Lucky!!! I got like 3 stretch marks from those hamburgers I ate the other night. And don't worry they'll go away. If they don't you're still beautiful to me.

Allison Johnson said...

I get them every time so far. I used the Palmer's lotion faithfully with the first pregnancy and thought I only had two strech marks...and then I delivered and discovered a sea of them on the bottom half of my stomach. (Maybe cause I carry really low that is where I get them?)

aezra noell said...

oh gag me. you're telling me you didn't get ANY stretch marks with the first???? you suck. ha haha my poor belly button frowns. its quite sad...my last week with M i was crying alot b/c one it hurt and two they started showing up all over my belly button and on my handles. consider yourself lucky. and heck it must have helped so whatever you did just keep doing that, make that twice a day. someone told me to do it twice a day...but it was already too late. hope doing that helps. (don't worry these words are all meant playfully) :0)

Lisa said...

I totally laughed when I read this post and I had to read all of the comments on it too and that made me laugh. I am not laughing at your pain just reminded of my experience with stretch marks. I used the lotion a little with the 1st and I didn't think I had any stretch marks, I thought I was in the clear, but I totally had one under my belly and didn't notice it until I had her. I was bummed. It seemed like the same stretch mark flared up with the second, luckily no new ones, whew!