Scott's Birthday is tomorrow & I am attempting to bake him a giant cupcake with lots of fun decor.
My Grandma bought me the Wilton cup cake pan and I have been dieing to use it.
So lucky Scott gets to experience my 1st attempt.
I didn't want to mess with making a cake from scratch this time around so i just used a boxed cake and baked it. The only little issue I had was that the top finished cooking a little sooner than the bottom half. Hopefully the top stays moist. (pics later)
I wanted to focus on the decor of the cupcake, so i decided to make some fondant.
Oh, let the adventure begin. Seriously, have you ever tried making fondant? Messyiest thing I have ever made, hands down!
Recipe Found Here
Take off your rings for sure!
(This was a painful process for me since my fingers are so swollen)
So lucky Scott gets to experience my 1st attempt.
I didn't want to mess with making a cake from scratch this time around so i just used a boxed cake and baked it. The only little issue I had was that the top finished cooking a little sooner than the bottom half. Hopefully the top stays moist. (pics later)
I wanted to focus on the decor of the cupcake, so i decided to make some fondant.
Oh, let the adventure begin. Seriously, have you ever tried making fondant? Messyiest thing I have ever made, hands down!
Recipe Found Here
Take off your rings for sure!
(This was a painful process for me since my fingers are so swollen)
Then I poured on the powdered sugar and placed it on my cutting board. (Were we are staying, the counters are not smooth and the tile grout is very deep, so I had to try and keep everything on a tiny cutting board).
Seriously messiest stuff ever!
Finished work space
The kneaded and finished product. I kneaded it for 8 minutes, rubbed it down with Crisco, wrapped it in plastic wrap and am going to let it set for a couple hours.
Again, did I say is was messy?!

To Be Continued......
7 comments:
I LOVE working with Fondant!!! It's so much fun!! *I've never made it though. I just buy mine. haha. Dont buy the Wilton's kind though. It's gross. The Satin Ice brand is MUCH better!
I can't wait to see picture of it when it's done!!
I'm excited to see the finished product! :)
You are sooo brave!! I know it will be fabulous. Can't wait to see:)
Looks like fun- good luck!!!
Good for you, you are always trying something new : ) And I know all too well about those swollen fingers. I have a couple sausage fingers over here !
I have made fondant with marshmallows and powder sugar and it wasn't nearly that messy. Looks like you had fun, though! Cute cupcake.
YOU are wearing the Dirty Byrd shirt!! LOL!! I remember that shirt!
Post a Comment