Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dinner Disaster

Tonight I tried to experiment with a new ingredient. Eggplant!
Well, so here is what I did.
Grilled the eggplant using my trusty old George Foreman (I swear I use this about every other night & seriously eggplant smells so gross as it's cooking). Then cooked my pasta, my ground beef, my sauce and warmed them all together.
I layered my eggplant in my dish and filled it with my pasta & added lots of mozzarella cheese.
Then folded over the eggplant and covered the top. I baked for about 20 minutes (just to heat the whole thing through).
Once it was done, I flipped it onto a plate, sprinkled on some parmesan and sliced.
My 1st bite wasn't that bad, but as I ate more of the eggplant it became more & more chewy. Then I took a bite that had a bunch of seeds in it & I'm surprised I kept it down.
This is what it was suppose to look like (I used bow ties, cause that's all I had on hand, and I didn't have any peas either. But i swear it would have tasted just as disgusting otherwise)
Well, That's what I made. Lesson learned, I do not like eggplant and I will never make this again.
But I give props to myself for trying something new:)

5 comments:

mad white woman said...

Yes, yay for you for trying something new. A few years ago I thought, hmm, I should really cook something with eggplant. I bought one, tried it and haven't bought one since. My little sister swears it's good if prepared well, but I will believe it when I taste it. :)

Janina Jones said...

I have never liked eggplant but one day I decided to try to make ratatouille and it came out amazing. I was quite impressed in my own skills.

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

I had a similar experience once. The end product looked very pretty actually, but it did not taste good at all!!! We decided never to try eggplant at our house again!

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Yuck. haha I'm thinking I won't even try eggplant now.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I have made egg plant parmeseana (spelling) a few times. I liked it the first few times, but once (while pregnant with Noelle) I made it and it was squishy. With the seeds, it looked like squid to me. I was literally chocking it down and trying not to gag. That probable ruined the veggie for me. Before that one, it had always turned out good.