Sweet Pork
1 (3-5 Ib.) pork roast – (boneless pork tenderloin recommended)
1 cup salsa – use pace or one similar, not fresh salsa
1 cup brown sugar, packed
Place ingredients in a greased 3 ½-4 ½ qt. slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW heat for 8 – 10 hrs.
Shred pork with a fork before serving.
Keep lid off after shredding for about 15 mins.
So juice will thicken.
This was DELICIOUS!
We did some soft taco's
Starting on bottom: tortilla, beans, brown rice, pork.
Then all the yummy toppings.
Enjoy!
(This is my Aunt's recipe. I improvised a little because I used what i already had.
1 1/2 lb tenderloin
3/4 cup diced tomatoes
1 T green chilies
1/2 cup brown sugar
cooked on low for 7 hours, then shredded and placed cooked rice & canned beans and placed them in the crock pot to warm for 30 minutes (keeping everything generally separated).
The rice and the beans soak up the pork juice and it's simply divine!
And it was Yummo!)
11 comments:
I've seen that recipe and never tried it because it looks too simple to be that good. :) I'm the such a skeptic. But now maybe I'll give it a try.
Yum! I will do your shopping if you do my cooking :) Deal?
Yummmmm! Looks fantastic!
Sounds great! I'm all over anything that puts pork and brown sugar together...heaven!
Oooooooo....these sound and look so yummy! You're the answer to my "what's for dinner?" tonight. Thank you so much for sharing!
That looks great. Thanks for the recipe! I made a meal plan for the next 2 weeks. I'm on day 4 now and I plan on posting some of the best recipes. So, I'll have to add that to my list!
Looks delish! I LOVE sweet pork!
I tried to leave a comment on your post with the fence pictures but blogger wouldn't let me?! Anyways, wanted to say I love your fence! Where did you get your materials cause we are getting ready to build one too!
And by the way the pork looks really good... but I read "7 hours" and decided to bail :) I would destroy it in that amount of time :)
Thanks for sharing. That looks great, I will be making that soon.
yum. We make this pork every once in a while. It is always a hit
Wow, I almost had to hold myself back from licking the computer screen!!! That looks so yummy. I will definitely have to make that. Ryan will LOVE it.
Post a Comment