Scott & I are in nursery. At 1st I was excited to be in a calling with Scott. Because of all the chaos of a new baby & a new home we hadn't been able to spend as much time as I would like together.
It's been a few months now, and still not quite sure what to think. Sometimes it's hard not to think negatively about our calling. I sure do miss adult meetings, ie: Relief society! And having a newborn in Nursery gave me mixed feelings. After 3 yrs in Primary in our other ward I am starting to feel like I am really missing out in my "adult time".
Then Heavenly father gives us a day like this past Sunday. We only had 4 children (we usually have 8) and they were angles! Everything went so smoothly and Mack was happy and entertained himself the whole time.
We went on a walk outside to take Mother's Day pictures, had a great lesson, a fun coloring activity, a smooth snack time with no spills, and NO fighting!
Scott & I have such important callings. We are helping shape these Children to be the next generation of the church. That's pretty stinkin important!
Heavenly Father knew I needed a smooth day to help me realize this important calling that I have been entrusted in.
p.s. Don't you think Mack & I have the exact eye color?
& doesn't he look adorable in his 1st ever white dress shirt? :)
5 comments:
SO CUTE ! Mack is just a doll and I think he looks a bunch like you. I think Katelyn looks like Scott and Mack looks like you. They are both BEAUTIFUL children too : )
You have such a good attitude about Nursery. Tyler and I got called into Nursery in our old ward - when I was about 7, almost 8 months pregnant. We didn't love it so much. I mean, we loved the kids, but we were so paranoid about my pregnancy ( because of Elizabeth ) and we were nervous about me catching something or something happening as a result of being around so many kids with germs. Thankfully nothing happened, but we certainly weren't meant to be in Nursery. We didn't enjoy it that much. I know what you mean about missing your adult meetings. We totally did - it makes you more thankful for those meetings too.
Oh my, I do feel your pain. I had a nursery/sunbeam calling for 5 stinking years!!!! Everytime I moved to a new ward that was the calling I received and let me tell you, I got soooo tired of it too. I felt like I wasn't using any of my other talents that I knew I had and not to mention it gets tiresome when people ask if you are new in the ward when in fact you have been in the ward for years!!!! To me, nursery was a death trap!!!! Looking back on it I know I needed that calling to help me be humble and I did fall in love with all the kiddos...keep your head up...important things will still come in your way :)
I love the pictures! I bet you guys are great in the Nursery. I had that calling when I was pregnant with Will and we were going to school in Provo (so yeah, just like you are thinking, ten million children, no one wants to work in the nursery because they all have little kids or are too old, etc). I enjoyed it but was happy to be released once my baby was born in the middle of RSV season!
Now I'm the Primary President in my ward and I'm grateful my nursery leader never wants to be released. I try not to call teachers who are new to the ward and get them "trapped" in Primary, especially if they have little kids! That said, I know after you get new callings you'll really miss this one! Don't forget that teaching the little children to love Church is a big, important job. They're lucky to have you!
I love the picture of you and Mack. Nursery leaders are so important. It takes a special person to serve in that calling!
Hang in there, Nursery is an extremely important (and challenging) calling. These little ones need a solid basis for what they will face in the future and Heavenly Father has entrusted you and Scott to start and help build that foundation. When I heard you were in the nursery it suprised me that they would put you in there with a new baby. I know you are great teachers.
Post a Comment