Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Heart Monsoon's

Oh I just love them. Yesterdays came out of no where, it was awesome.
Well, during the last storm last week, the hood to our chimney blew off the roof. We needed to get it fixed before the next storm & since yesterdays storms hit out of the blue, Scott had no time & went up in th rain. When it started coming down really hard I told him not to go up anymore, but then the macho man ego hit & he was going up rain or shine.
Oh he loves danger.
He was soaked, & this pic was only his 1st time coming down before the rain really hit.
But oh just look at that beautiful rainbow.
Apparently this is Katelyn's 1st rainbow she can ever remember seeing. She was in aww.
Potty training woes.
Katelyn has done a 180' & is peeing & pooping in her undies all day long. I am beyond frustrated! She will pee or poop w/in minutes of me asking if she needs to go and if attempt to take her to the toilet, it's a kicking and screaming mess. I am taking the risk & not doing pull-ups at all because I think she was relying on those when we would leave the house.
Yesterday she did well & no accidents at the gym. However, it was a kicking & screaming mess getting her to try to go on the toilet before we left.
Then at visiting teaching I was mortified when she peed her pants again, minutes after I asked her if she needed to go.
Have your kids done this? What have you done?
I have already taken away T.V. and chocolate milk & not sure what else to do.

Mr. Mack is a fit throwing mess recently. I don't know what his problem is. Other than he is getting bigger and trying to now voice his frustrations.
But along with the fit throwing also comes some major cuteness. I'll have to post a video later of him just playing and having a ball. His laugh and facial expressions are just too adorable.
Mack's face planted in the bath today, too cute!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow you have been a busy lady. It looks so fun!! I miss being ble to do yard work and house crafts. Dog is adorable. Boy is getting cuter every day. Girl looks like a handful but I think she is great. Don't want to potty train. Keep up the gym. You will be more smokin than you already are:)

The Richards said...

Ella throws some crazy fits too. If she doesn't get her way she will throw herself on the floor and cry. But I just ignore her and it lasts like 10 seconds. She is SO dramatic!! It makes me laugh. I think all kids go through this stage so don't get too stressed about it.

Jamie said...

"Practice pee." Thats what we call it. In the begining we get a chocolate or a sticker or whatever motivates them. We make it their choice you don't have to pee but we better practice before we leave the house. Make it a game and not a chore. When the pressure is off they do better. I now just tell everybody to go practive pee before we leave the house or when we are on a road trip and make a pit stop for one we make it for all. There is something about just sitting on the pot that works. Another option if she is a hard child to potty train is to set a timer and when the timer goes off you run them to the potty for a practice pee and give them a reward if they do it. It may not work for her but it's worth a try:)

onehm said...

So sorry that she's giving you some trouble. That is NO FUN!
I agree with the Diaper Diva. Make it fun and try not to let her see that when she makes a mess it makes you this frustrated. :)

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

I'm so sorry girl! I don't have much more advice I can give that I haven't already told you. :(

Carly Nichols said...

I love when it rains here too!! I wish it would rain waaaayyyy more than it has this past summer.

Kami Milliron said...

Oh Jen, I have the WORST Visiting Teaching potty training story for you. And when it happened, we lived in a WEALTHY ward. So that means that the house we were at when Douglas had his massive accident, was a very nice house. Remind me to tell you about it sometime. It will make you feel much better : )

Stick with the potty training. She is just doing what kids naturally do - testing the boundaries. She wants to know if she can get away with not having to pee and poop in the potty. Just stick with it and be patient. I know it is much easier said than done. Trust me, I know : ) Just keep with the big girl panties. You will probably have to walk behind her with a washcloth and cleaner - to clean up the mess. But don't give in. She will get it, I promise. Call me if you need to vent. I am more than happy to listen . . or to bring over some awesome vent treats !

The Curry Family said...

I love a good monsoon too!

Eaton Family said...

Love AZ rain storms, so jealous you guys got a good one. I heard about it!! We get tons of rain here, and its nice too cause we have the pine trees all around, so I feel like I am camping in the rain! Love it!! Mack is getting so big! Cant believe that he will be one soon! Time went by way too fast!

andrea said...

Yep, make it fun. Make a sticker chart, and for everytime she tries, she gets a little star, but when she goes, a big sticker. Good luck! Stay strong, she CAN do it, she's just testing her boundaries!

krista said...

These are such cutie pics of your kids. Especially this one of Mack. What a doll. Also, all your haircutting pics make me want to do something drastic!