This is my favorite time of year!
I love Autumn time & all that comes with it. Warm colors, cool weather, yummy spice smells, oh it's heaven:)
If I had money to spend I would love totally going all out decorating my home, seriously all out.
But at least i have a few things to get me into the fall spirit.
I love these little pumpkins I got on clearance a few years ago.
And how can you not have a cornucopia?
I got took this home from my old job, it's was a gift filled with goodies & now a perfect fall decor:)
The gourds I dried and stored from a few years ago, pretty smart, I think.
And these cute little scarecrows.
The "Mommy" & "Daddy" are new. Katelyn picked them out at Walmart. Only $1 each. And @ Michael's their big scarecrows are on sale right now for $2.99- I must go get one for the front yard:)
It's all about leaves, of course when we are talking fall.
ok, yes I rearranged the furtiture again, but there is a real reason this time.
Bailey peed on the carpet last week and I could not get the smell out, it was horrid!
We had the carpets cleaned on Friday and when they dried the smell was still totally there, ugh!
So Monday night Scott & I ripped out a chunk of the carpet padding where the smell was coming from. By morning the smell was practically gone. I need to pull a little more out today & I hoping we don't have to clean the carpets again.
So now the couch is where there is no padding- pretty smart huh? & This opens up the room even more.
Moral of the story: Bailey is not aloud inside(at least it's cooling down now). She is an outside dog, but we would let her in to lay on the tile to stay cool in this 115' weather. And this is how she repays us? By sneaking onto the carpet to pee w/o us seeing her.
Little Stinker!
And this is my newest project- it's kinda the before pic. I'm matching what I did to the back splash. I'm so excited! It's already painted and now I just need the base board and trim. oh the kitchen is almost done- talk about a long stand still.
Mack sprouted his 2nd tooth last night & it was a rough one too. He was up several times last night in pain:(
We have been outside playing more and Mack starts for the street every chance he gets. What in the world is so cool about the street? I was trying to teach Katelyn about service yesterday and we picked the neighbors weeds. She was not interested and all and then with Mack darting for the street, it turned into a hectic service project. However the neighbors yard looks a whole lot better now.
On our walk the other day Katelyn saw a black & white dog. She then said how Bailey was kinda brown & then paused & said, "Mom, i'm white" I found it hilarious :)
Happy Tuesday & Happy beginning of Fall!
September 1st 2010
8 comments:
Try cleaning your carpets with white vinegar. It always got the dog urine smell out when I was growing up...
You sure were counting down the days, weren't ya? Fall is exciting...but it doesn't feel like Fall yet outside :)
SOOOOOO cute Jen ! It makes me all excited for cooler weather and Halloween. I LOVE your house. Very stylish and cute.
Me = Jealous : )
Oh no! I was wondering if the smell was gone. Good luck with all that!!
I can't wait to decorate! However, I am waiting cause its summer. haha! You make me laugh!
I feel the same- bring on the fall! Cool weather, halloween, thanksgiving- yay!
adorable! i probably should start now, for the sake of time...being that she's coming in november...cuz afterwards i don't dare think of decorating.
Ooooh, I LOVE Fall. It's by far my favorite time of year, but I can't get myself in the mood until it cools off a bit more. You always decorate so much... I think I have three Fall decorations. Not kidding. Oh, and you've rearranged your furniture more than I have in the almost seven years I've lived in this house. Obviously this is why you do hair and I crunch numbers... ;)
Post a Comment