Monday, March 21, 2011

Called To Serve

Today Grandma & Grandpa Banks are on their way to missouri
Specifically, Adam-ondi-ahman to serve a mission for 18 months.

I am sooooo proud of them and for the example they are setting for me & my family of serving a mission. It's a little bitter sweet being without them for 18 months but I know the sacrifice to worth it.

To send them off, last night we had dinner at Mom & Dad's
We sang Happy Birthday to Emily & Landon & Happy Farewell to Grandma & Grandpa.
I think, maybe, just maybe Katelyn & Mack liked the cake :)
One last group photo
Our little family with Grandma & Grandpa
(who knows maybe 1 more will be added to the group once they return)
The hardest part for me is thinking about my kids being w/out their great grandparents.
However, even though they may not quit understand everything about missions this is such a fun way to teach them about service & about the gospel.
Travel safely Grandma & Grandpa.
We love you!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

how exciting! Katelyn and Mack can write letters to their grandparents while they are on their mission. I bet it would make a good memory book for them when they are older.

Allison Johnson said...

We Skype my in-laws in Norway almost every week, but my kids have still forgotten that they are Grandma and Grandpa. There will be a learning curve when they finish their mission this summer and come home (especially if we are still in their house!) The whole family has been blessed so many times for their service though. We have all had mission miracles because of their choice to go...

Collin&Tatum said...

How cool! Grandma and Grandpa Banks must be all-stars. (And Katelyn looked adorable at church in her polka dot dress!)

Unknown said...

ah man I know. it was rough seeing them go after we said our goodbyes last night. totally bitter sweet!

Nick and Ashley said...

Imagine your kids w/o their grandparents! My parents got their mission call!!! I'll be posting it, when I figure out how to load my video. ;)