Monday, March 7, 2011

Our Spectacular Getaway

Scott had to work the morning shift on Friday so we didn't leave until 11:00 & arrived in Greer a little after 3:00.
on the drive up I would see tons of snow....and then barely any.....and then tons again.....and then barely......ect. We pulled into greer and I was amazed how many cabins had been built since the last time I was there, (12 yrs ago), I was pretty disappointed!
We checked in, unpacked and decided we were going to make the most of it.

We started out on a little hike
We climbed trees
Scott showed off his awesome boots. ha ha!
and on the way down he totally slipped on the ice and fell pretty hard, luckily he was ok because it was hilarious!
We went to the 373 Grill for dinner and ordered some awesome burgers. They actually tasted like Beef (we were sure they had just slaughtered the cow that day:)

After dinner we attempted to look at stars, but we couldn't fingure out how to use the darn thing. Oh well, we still have fun trying.
Martinelli glasses in hand, cuddling on the couch and watching movies before bedtime.
Saturday was going to be fun!
We woke up early and picked up all our stuff for a day of snow fun.

We found a good spot to hike in our snow shoes.
I have never truly seen the point of these things, pretty much because I had never used them before. They are awesome!
We found some icicles,
which was perfect because we were thirsty.
It was actually a really warm day and we were seating by the end of our hike.
We built a snow man (Scott had a little fun with the 1st pic)
The 2dn pic turned out a little better ;)

Our next activity was cross country skiing.
This was fun!
it actually hurt my knees to start out with and then I got the groove down.
Going up hill was the absolute hardest and then coming back down was very intimidating :)
Still don't know how those olympic guys do it all on flat land- crazy hard!
(but still super fun)
We found Mack's dinosaur in the car so decided he should join in on the fun so we could show the kids.
We ad such a fun time and I can't remember laughing this hard in a long time.
Lots of hiking later that afternoon
A walk before dinner
and beating Scott at games :)
I am so glad we were able to take this trip together.
Scott & I realized how much fun we still have together and how much we are each others best friends. We laughed until we cried and thoroughly enjoyed this quality time together.
Love you Babe!
Here's to 5 years :)

We took lots of small video clips
We are pretty dorky, but we keep ourselves entertained :)

10 comments:

Emily Nicoll said...

Yay!! So Happy you had fun! I love the pictures and I'm glad you could make good memories :) Love you guys!

The Milliron Family said...

It looks like you had so much fun, I am glad Greer worked out for you : ) You did lots of awesome stuff too. You guys are like Tyler and I - we are each others best buddies and we have SO much fun together : )

Caton said...

You two are sooo cute, I am glad you had the chance to get away!

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

Your hair is getting so long. I love it.

Salsa Mama said...

Aww, it sounds so fun! I LOVE the icicle pics! And the dinosaur. :)

Natalie said...

Awesome!!! What a great way to celebrate your anniversary! :) I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time!

And, thanks for the fb love! :)

Happy2Bme said...

It looks like you had so much fun! That's so great that you were able to get away for a couple of days!

The Sorensens. said...

aww happy anniversary! too cute pictures!

mad white woman said...

That looks like fun. Lucky duck. If we went to Greer, I'd be off hiking by myself and Jason would spend the entire time sitting at the lake fishing. Which is probably why we've never gone to Greer for a weekend getaway. Ha ha.

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Happy Anniversary!