Memorial Weekend @ The Ranch
Friday early morning we left for the ranch. We took our time getting up there and just enjoyed the ride. We stopped in Payson for some breakfast, then in Showlow to stretch, then made it to the Ranch around 12:00.
Everyone had just finished rounding up the cattle then we started preparations to spray.
Some of the cattle decided to be extra stubborn that day so to pass the time, Mack played with "rocks" he couldn't believe how many "rocks" there were to play with :)
Katelyn & I wore matching hats :)
Katelyn was so excited to see her horse "Buddy". Poor thing has a virus that has affected his ability to walk well. We hope he gets better really soon.
Scott lounging in the ranch house.
I love this Man!
While waiting for lunch the kids played with uncle Landon in the hay loft.
Then uncle Brig taught Mack how to chew on hay. Mack didn't quite get it :)
Saturday we continued working and cleared a lot of fences. The tumble weeds are still a major issue, but because of the intense winds we didn't clear as much as we would have liked. I'm sure we will be back up soon to continue more fences.
Up on the mtn the weather was beautiful.... um, except for the wind. oh well:(
I realized why I married Scott. Something sparked inside of me and I am understanding more and more each day why I love my husband. Words can't express my appreciation for him.
(however, I need to learn how to verbalize my appreciation to him)
This kid gave us some struggles at night and in the wee hours of the morning. but overall he did really well on the trip.
A post is never complete without a "cheese" face :)
Mack loved being pulled by Grandma in the wagon.
And his long walk with Grandpa.
The boys got their "nerdy" side on with a good game of star wars :)
And Emily braided our hair. Aw, aren't we so cute :)
Then, the catapult was created! These boys crack me up! Give them a few logs, some fence posts, rope, chain, a garbage can, a couple screws, and a few rocks and they will entertain you for hours!
Boys will be boys:) (Be sure to watch this video!)
I was very impressed:)
(1st video: moving cattle; 2nd: Mack; 3rd: The catapult fires @ Ammon!)
We love visiting you and thanks for the memories.
Love, generations of family, past, present & future.
4 comments:
Love the post. Thanks for not putting up that one picture of the hair... hahaha oh so funny! Yay for the ranch!
We had So much fun!!! Thank you for coming with your fun kiddos. We love your family!
Happy Memorial Day! It looks like you had a lot of fun with your family. I love big family get togethers like that!
Love the videos, especially that I can hear the wind through the pines! I haven't been able to spend much time at the Upper Ranch, but one of the things I do love, are the pines.
Post a Comment