
I used the word FAT today.
I was irritated this morning when I woke up.
I was quickly getting ready to go running and Katelyn was throwing a fit because she wanted to come too.
Katelyn kept yelling "but why, but why!"
and I yelled "Mommy is FAT and I have to exercise fast!"
or something to that extent.
Scott gave me "the look" & I knew I shouldn't have said that but was too irritated to fix what I had said.
Never in a million years do I want my children to struggle with body image as I do.
It's a daily nightmare.
I know I'm not FAT, but tell my brain that.
Here's to never using the "F" word again!
6 comments:
Go wash your mouth out with soap young lady ; ) And you're right, you're NOT FAT !
I hate how that word is so negative. (Kind of like the word hate, ha ha.) Clara uses it and doesn't know what it means - obviously since she says she has a fat bum bum. I try not to say anything about my body around her, but we are constantly calling Hazel chubby, fat, lardo, etc., etc. So Clara hears us using those words in a playful way and says it about herself. Oh, what to do.
For the record, you are beautiful.
I used to babysit a little girl with a super skinny mom and she once asked me why I was fat, It didn't hurt my feelings like she was calling me names, she was just curious why different people have different body's,I think the key is to not make the word "fat" an ugly word, or a hurtful word.
thank you for the nice comment! and you look great yourself!!!
We all have made that mistake at least once, I think. ;) Like you, it is my worst nightmare to give my kids a complex about weight. Unfortunately, I think all we can do is try to teach health without including weight in the lesson, build up their self confidence, and pray really hard that they can understand their own individual worth.
You do look amazing, but good for you going running. I should be more like you...
Good goal. I tell Ian that I don't want to get fat all the time to convince him to get into the jogger stroller. Even though he is a boy I should stop saying this.
Post a Comment