Friday, August 26, 2011

Completed & Just Begun

The wall is finished and we made this REALLY easy shelf last night and hung in up.
I was going back and forth between a 4 1/2 ft and 6 1/2 ft shelf.
(if I were to do it again I would have cut the larger one down to 5 1/2 ft and that would have been perfect)
Overall I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out.

Project cost for walls and shelf
Paint $20
(paint which will b used for other projects)
+
Stencil FREE
(card stock and cricut from friend:)
+
Shelf board FREE
(from Parents house)
+
Stain FREE
(already had on hand)
+
"L" brackets $3

Total =$23
with lots of paint still remaining for the next project :)
p.s. i moved my lfg framed collage into the family room.
As for now I am going to leave the fireplace alone, but that molding had not left my mind yet for the walls :)
Moving On
My front door needed a makeover! Bad!
you can't see it, but there were so many scuffs and dings from door hangers, plus the plain old white was BORING.
I prep'd everything and applied the primer.
Then grabbed some paint I had in the shop from a previous project.
(yep, still trying to do projects for FREE)

However sadly the paint and gel'd up :(
Even though it was sealed tight, I'm sure the heat got to it over the summer :(
This size will only cost me a few bucks and hopefully I can get the job done with just one
(fingers crossed)

2 comments:

Faith Peacock said...

I was just at your house. Now I have to come see all those neat things! I love red doors btw. Amazing stencil job.

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

I don't know how you do it all, seriously. You are amazing!!