Saturday, August 27, 2011

My RED Door

Today was GREAT!
I didn't schedule any clients (I can't remember the last time I have had a Saturday free)

I started out with an amazing workout- 6 days this week at the gym & my body is still feeling strong, Yay! I hope to push myself even more next week and bump up my weights.

While I was gone with the kids Scott cleaned the whole house.
He totally surprised me and I loved it! Love you Babe!

Scott spent the rest of the day studying and I did some painting & random house work.
It was such a wonderful day to spend together as a family.

Well, here it is!
My RED door!
(and I finally painted the ugly metal window frame to match the house- aw, much better)
Before & After
(If i were to do it again I would have waited till winter and take the door off the hinges, but oh well)
I used Glidden: Delicious Red and I also added a little Glidden: Chestnut to make the color a little more rich.
I am happy with the outcome and it really warms up the front of the house.
and only down fall is when the door was white you couldn't see any of the dings (from when we initially bought the house) and now that it's red they stand out more. oh well I still LOVE it!

8 comments:

Salsa Mama said...

Awesome! Red doors are my FAVORITE!!

Kami Milliron said...

Love it, love it, love it ! There is something SO CUTE about a dark red or dark blue door. Just adorable : ) Your house is going to look awesome for Bunco in September ; )

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

beautiful! I can't believe you painted it in that heat. You are super woman!!!

tdljld said...

LOVE IT!

Alisa said...

everything looks better painted RED!

Happy2Bme said...

So cute!! You are a project maniac!
I love it!

mad white woman said...

You are daring and brave... which is probably 75% of the reason your house looks way cooler than mine. The other 25%? Probably that you are not as cheap and much more creative than me... :)

Tatum said...

Oooo! So cute! I loove it! Your house is so inspiring :]