Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 13

We officially closed on our home this morning!
A whole lot of check writing and paper signing and we are now home owners.
Scott & I went to the bank this morning, then to our brokers office, then I took Scott to ASU, then my Dad & I dropped of the checks, then I picked up Scott from ASU, and we went to get started on the house while Katelyn played at my parents home.....Can you tell we are anxious to get this thing going.

Now remember I said this house needed some, well a whole lot of TLC. Scott & I accomplished a lot of de-junking throughout the house (the previous owners skipped town a few months ago & left a lot of their junk behind, so we hand lots of cleaning to do).
Here are the before pictures of most of the house before we started cleaning.
Try not to freak out too bad and just think happy thoughts:)

Family Room
Dining Room/Kitchen
Dining Room/Kitchen
Kitchen
Bedroom #1-Scott's office
Hall Bathroom
Kids Room
Master BedroomMaster Bathroom
I will post more pics tomorrow after everything has been torn out- It's going to be an eventful day.

18 comments:

aezra noell said...

oh yay! so happy for you. boy that went fast! just in the knick of time. that is a SWEEEET dresser you inherited. I am so jealous. i want it. hey maybe they left some cool stuff that you could use. i think it will look great.

The Ferrins said...

You do have some work ahead of you but it's totally got potential, besides the junk it's it's got good bones!! With a little bit of love it's going to look great!!!I'm so excited for you!

Levi, Disney Fanatic said...

How exciting!!! You've got a busy couple of weeks before that baby gets here, but renovating/redecorating is one of my favorite things to do!! Have fun- I can't wait to see some after pics!

Carly Nichols said...

Congrats homeowners!! How exciting to have your own home! Good luck and have fun!

The Ferrins said...

Jen, I will be in AZ from the 24th to the 29th so we will have to plan something for sure, let me know when your available.

andrea said...

Congrats!

How wonderful that you guys are the type that can see past the junk, interesting paint jobs, and things that can be easily replaced and see how you can make it your own. I think alot of people miss out on things because they just can't do that.

You do have a bit of work ahead of you! Good luck, and aren't you glad you have all those brothers?! And a really handy dad?!

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Congrats! It looks like you have your work cut out for you! I can't wait to see what you do!

Lisa Marie said...

Jeron and I would totally keep some of that stuff. Like the kitchen table, that's cool that you don't have to go buy one! (If you already have one and are getting rid of it, I know someone who might want it.) You should totally not paint the master bedroom. That's sexy. Some people really make me wonder. I mean did they seriously paint it like that on purpose?! Congrats on being home owners!! That's SO awsesome.

Cami said...

I am so happy you have a house!!!

onehm said...

WAHOOO!! A new house (any new house) is always exciting! Can't wait to see what you guys do with it!!

Audra Roberts said...

It looks like they were in a hurry. I am excited for you, because Im sure with your decorateing skills it will look so nice.

Missy said...

Congrats! I think it's so fun to think that you can do whatever you want with this house! I know it will look great once you guys finish:)

Joanna said...

congrats jen! you look like proud owners.

quite a job ahead of you - fixing it all up...probably not the best time to take on such a huge project being 38 weeks preg. this will send your right into labor - just thinking about all the work it entails.

good luck! and congrats again.

Kami Milliron said...

You know what, it totally doesn't matter what condition it's in because . . YOU'RE FREAKING HOME OWNERS ! That is so exciting, congrats : ) And I know it is going to look amazing when you're done. Oooo, now we need to have a little house warming BBQ ! Fun times !

Chelsi Chipps said...

YAY!! congrats on the new house!! I'm excited for you!!

And OMG that BLUE!!! haha! have fun with that one!

My Independence Day said...

I am so happy for you!!!!

Happy2Bme said...

Yeah! Congrats on finally closing on your house! It's so exciting to finally get started and make it your own. It's really not too bad & it has a lot of potential. If you're ever feeling discouraged let me know and I'll send you some pictures of our house when we first moved in. And it's still needs work. Congrats again! Have fun, but don't work too hard.

mad white woman said...

Some of those rooms have awesome paint jobs. How could you paint over that? But if you must, for the kid's room, I like picture number one best. The argyle looks too busy for me, but that's coming from Mrs. 80% of my house has white walls. :)