Monday, August 2, 2010

I accept, "The Challenge"

I have taken on a challenge with some friends. It's going to be tough, but oh so worth it in the end, I hope.

These last 6 months or so have been really hard for me, physically, spiritually, emotionally... I need to better my life & this is how I'm hoping to do it.

The Challenge Rules:
(Each item is worth 1 point, with a possible 10 points per day)

1- 48 oz. of water
2- 45 minutes of exercise (not necessarily consecutive)
3- 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit
4- No soda, unhealthy snacks
(ex: potato chips), or bad fast food (anything fried)
5- No sweets. (Desserts, pastries, sugary snacks & cereals)
6- No eating after dinner/8pm...or 2 hours before bed
7- 15 min. of scripture reading
8- One journal entry (any length)
9- Express sincere appreciation, love or praise to your spouse
10- Personal Goal


(Let me explain the personal goal. Each week, you will come up with your own point/goal for the week. So, for the first week, my goal might be to read to my kids for 15 minutes every day. Or it could be going to bed before 9:30 every night…etc, etc.
Note: You have one free point, PER CATEGORY, PER WEEK. One free point for exercise, one free point for soda/fast food/unhealthy snacks, one free point for sweets, etc. You do not have 10 free points to use however you choose -they are NOT interchangeable and if you choose not to use a free point in a category, it is gone at weeks end. You could also just choose to have one "free" day where all points are free (which is less confusing), but we are allowing for flexibility and success!)

The goal obviously is to get 10 points each day, every day. On your “free” day, you can automatically count 10 points. If you choose to have a free day on Saturday, then Sunday you eat dessert, then you would only get 9 points for Sunday. You can choose to have one free point every day if you choose to do it that way too. So if you go out for dinner on Wednesday and feel like having a soda, then you can use your free soda point.

Wish me luck! The NO sweets are going to Kill ME!

By October 24th I will be a changed Woman!

(I'll post every evening to make my entry of the day)

13 comments:

Emily Nicoll said...

You can do it!!! It's good that there is a little flexibility in there so you don't go crazy, it will be hard but like you said totally worth it in the end!! Loves!

onehm said...

COOL idea!! I might have to think about joining you! :)
Good luck! You can do it.

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

What a great idea! Whoever thought of it is BRILLIANT! I think I might try this along with you... I am sure you will do great!

The Curry Family said...

Good luck! Although I don't eat sweets often, I think I'd go crazy without them too! LOL

Allison Johnson said...

Is this the "Wellness challenge"? I have heard people talk about feeling such personal success at the end. Good luck! I should have the willpower to try it someday...

Audra Roberts said...

Wow! I like it. I am going to have to give this a try. I am going to copy the point system and put it on the fridge.

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Thank you Thank you! haha This is day 2 so we won't be accepting any more members but next time you all should join!

Cara said...

You can totally do this! I started on many of these same goals about 3 months ago and now they are just habit for me :) Oh, and blogging counts as journaling!

Kyle & Savannah said...

Good Luck!!! No sweets would be a killer for me!!!

Caton said...

what a great idea! good for you miss!

{B}dreamy said...

I love it! I'm totally copying. *B

The Talley Family said...

I did the same thing a few months ago. We had a few different things, like we had 30 min of scripture study (that was hard) & 1 hr of exercise, but not the journel entries & a couple other things. It was a great motivator. Good luck...I hope you win.

aezra noell said...

wow, i give you props! Im rooting for you jen!