Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Special Baptism

Last night a dear sweet friend became the newest member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. It was such a wonderful Baptism! I was able to speak to Kelly about Baptism, Our good friend Debbie spoke on the Holy Ghost and Brit sang beautifully which made the spirit that much more present. I am so grateful I was able to share this wonderful journey with Kelly.

(a little background: Kelly has been a client of mine or the past 18 months or so. At one visit she shared her feelings with me that she always felt something different when she came to my home. And she admired the relationship Scott & I had with each other and our children. We talked for a couple hours about the gospel and about our belief in Eternal Families and in the end she anxiously wanted to meet with the missionaries and her journey began.)
Kelly I am so excited for you and for the tremendous blessings the gospel will give you.
XOXO!
After the Baptism we were starving so we attempted a restaurant with the kiddos. I have said this before, but this one was for sure our last attempt. The kids weren't horrible, but it's so not worth it.
But even with the chaos, I still enjoyed this adventure with my Family :)


I would like to share my testimony of my Faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I know with all my heart that this is the true Gospel on the earth today. That Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I know the Thomas S Monson is our later day Prophet who leads and guides our church today. He is the mouth piece of our Father in Heaven.
I have such a strong testimony of the Temple and the covenants we make there. I know that if I live worthily I will return to my Father in Heaven and He will welcome me home with open arms where I will be reunited with my family once again.
Nothing is more powerful than the spirit of the Holy Ghost and the confirmation it gives me that I am on the right path. I feel my Heavenly Father's love for me when I am progressing closer to him.
I feel so blessed to have the Gospel in my life and I strive to always be the best example to others.
This experience with Kelly has helped my testimony of missionary work grow.

If anyone would ever like any information on The church of Jesus Christ of Later Days saints, feel free to ask me because I would love to share with you this amazing Gospel.

7 comments:

Garrett said...

What a special experience. Proud of you for sharing your beliefs!

Garrett and Melissa Farmer said...

oops... that was from me. Melissa...

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

How exciting! That is a special baptism, and she looks beautiful!

mad white woman said...

What a neat experience. Convert baptisms really are special. Way to open your mouth!

tdljld said...

Jen, you are am amazing missionary. Tell your friend congratulations on taking the first of many steps in the wonderful journey that is the gospel.

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing your missionary experiance, and your sweet testimony. Reading that just made my day a little brighter.
PS Love your door.

The Watkins Family said...

So you guys are the ones who stole Elder Nuku from us! We had him when he first got here ~ loved him!